Pushkar Camel fair is one of best fair in the world with color and liveliness it offers. It takes place in a small town called Pushkar in Rajasthan.
Date: 12th – 21st November, 2010
Venue: Pushkar, Rajasthan, India
Pushkar is located around 11 km from Ajmer, 138 km from the capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur and 392 km from Delhi. It is a very scared Hindu shrine and thousands of Hindus visit here during Karthik purnima (a particular full moon day). There is a huge lake in this desert region and is the lifeline of this place. There is a rare Bramha temple (Hindu god of creation) located here.
Pushkar has other temples like Savitri temple, Varah temple, Mahadeva temple and Ramavaikunth temple. The Rajasthan tourism department announces official Pushkar Fair Programme 2010 and for more info visit the official Pushkar website from Ajmer district administration.
- Mysore and Mumbai in 31 Places to Go in 2010 Compiled by New York Times
- Camp Accomodations in North India
- Sun Burn Festival, Goa, 2010
- Gate 1 Travel’s World’s Top 10 Travel Destinations in 2010
- Super Moon Phenomenon Pictures