December 20th, 2010 by admin
The Holiday season is back and this year end where are you visiting? Depending on your taste if you have made up your mind it is great. However, if you are still not sure and looking for some suggestions, then I am going give you my suggestions on 3 destination which you can visit. I have kept the theme as sun, sand, sea and beaches. To visit any of this places you would have at least 2 – 3 days in hand. I feel these destination will give more bangs for your bucks.
Goa is probably the most happenig destination in India in terms of holidaying. There is sun, sand, sea, beach parties, water sports, natural beauty etc. Be there this year end and you will say let go Goa again! Read more …….
Note: Could be expensive at this time and requires early booking
Pondicherry located on the eastern coast of India on the Bay of Bengal is a journey to nostalgia. This ex French colony still has the incluence of French culture. It much less crowded compared to Goa. The party scene is nascent in Pondicherry but you can still have aple fun with sun, sand, sea and beaches. Read more …….
3. Kanyakumari and Kovalam Beach, Thiruvananthapuram
Kanyakumari is the southern most tip of India on the Indian ocean. This new year eve you can watch sunrise and sunset overlooking the Vivekananda rock memorial. Kanyakumari is located in Tamil Nadu.
Kovalam beach is very popular beach in the capital of kerela, Thiruvananthapuram. Read more …….
Please let me know your suggestion what do you think about the list.
May 19th, 2010 by admin
Many cities have risen and fallen but there are a few cities which have hold their place for a very long time: Today TravelingBeats presents a list of 12 world cities which should visited if you think of a world tour. Check the cities as follows:
1. Rome: It may not be an exaggeration if I say that every inch of Rome is history. Starting from the great Roman empire to the present day Vatican city is here. Read more ……
2. Bath: The city of Bath is a world heritage center with many theaters, parks, etc. It is located around 156 km from London. Read more …..
3. Havana: Havana the capital of Cuba represents the history of both worlds – Europe and Caribbean. Read more …….
4. London: London for last few centuries has been the heart of the world with much of the world was known as English empire. London is undoubtedly a world city. Read more ……
5. New York: New York city is one of the most happening places in the world. Read more ……..
6. Berlin: Berlin the capital of Germany was devastated during the second world war but they have rebuilt it as great city to feature in this list. Read more ……..
7. Paris: The capital of France and the probably the most romantic city in the world. Read more ….
8. St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg is regarded as the cultural capital of Russia. Read more …
9. Seville: Seville is one of most important financial and cultural enter in Spain. Read more …….
10. Tangier: It is a beautiful bay city in Morocco, Africa. Read more…..
11. Stockholm: It is the capital of Sweden and it is one of the most beautiful city in the whole Scandinavia. Read more …….
12. Istanbul: Istanbul the Ottaman turk’s city of imperial structures and beauty. Read more ….. Also, visit: http://english.istanbul.com/ for various travel info.
February 21st, 2010 by admin
Today we are going to make a list of top 10 island destinations in the world which are not the regular tourist’s radar. However, these off the beaten trail islands can offer unparalleled beauty and peace.
1. Mustique, The Grenadines: This is a privately owned island and offers one of the most pristine beauty you might have ever seen.
2. Canouan Island, St Vincent, the Grenadines: The Caribbean islands are a combination of Sun, Sand and beauty.
3. Mauritius: A beautiful island nation famous for honeymoon makers. It has a homogeneous culture of Creole, India, China and Europe.
4. Fernando De Noronha: It is located in an archipelaho of 21 island off the cost of Brazil. It is protected as a national park and requires permission to visit there.
5. Lipari: The volcanic island of Lipari off the cost of Italy as in entertainment packed place along with pristine beauty.
6. Harbour Island, Bahams: A gem in the island of Bahamas.
7. Kangaroo Island, Australia: Good place to see native Australian animals.
8. Hvar: An island off the cost of Croatia in the Mediterranean sea. Along with peaceful pristine beauty, one can see vineyards etc
9. Muhu Island: Muhu island is located off the cost of Estonia, a former Soviet republic in the Baltic sea.
10. Culebra: It is one of the islands of the the stunning Puerto Rico.
February 18th, 2010 by admin
Bicycling is getting popular again. This time with environmental concerns all over the world many people are turning to bicycle. Bicycle not only helps the environment, it also helps your health. Cycling is a popular mode of transport in Villages and 3 tier towns in India. But Indian cities are definitely not bicycle friendly. This is not the same in other parts of the world. Developed countries are giving special attention for this mode of environment and health friendly transport. Some have even developed dedicated bicycle lane. Lets check a list of top 10 bicycle friendly cities in the world:
1. Amsterdam, capital of the Netherlands
2. Copenhagen, capital of Denmark
3. Bogota, Colombia
4. Curitiba, Brazil
5. Montreal, Canada
6. Portland, Oregon, US
7. Basel, Switzerland
8. Barcelona, Spain
9. Beijing, Capital of China
10. Trondheim, Norway
February 12th, 2010 by admin
Gate 1 Travel headquartered in Fort Washington, Philadelphia is a travel company targeting North American travelers. Recently, they have released a list, what they think to be the top 10 travel destination in the world for 2010. Lets check the list below:
2. Costa Rica
6. Israel and Jordan
November 24th, 2009 by admin
Today I read about CouchSurfing (CS). In their own words,
CouchSurfing is an international non-profit network that connects travelers with locals in over 230 countries and territories around the world. Since 2004, members have been using our system to come together for cultural exchange, friendship, and learning experiences.
It is a nice idea and gives an opportunity to meet different people all over the world. It also saves on your budget and gives you an edge knowing the local culture and cuisine. As you will staying as a guest at your host’s house, you are most likely to have a better experience.
So what is in for you? There are thousands of Indian on CouchSurfing, so if you do travel abroad still you have options to meet people in different parts of India. Also, there a large number people from Bangalore. They organize regular activities. So you can get together with them.