Most of us like to travel but please note that a successful and happy trip depends a lot on what you carry and how you pack your bag. This article will apply to any trip which is equivalent to 2 or more days.
First and foremost carry only what is essential and travel as lighter as possible. Now why will this help you? Let me explain — only a hand bag or a back bag will not require you to put your luggage to the clock room or at the security of anybody, it is also economical as you do not require any potter to carry you luggage nor store it, it increases mobility and flexibility, and finally the most important it brings peace of mind.
Now if you are convinced with the advantages of traveling lighter then we come to what to carry and how to pack it.
What to carry:
1. The first step in this regard is to make a list of the items you would like to carry. I suggest you make this list at least 4 – 5 days before the date of actual journey. This will give you time to refine your list according to your need. Start your packing at least 2 days before the day of actual travel. This will save you from last minute hitches.
2. Carry cloths according to the climate of the place where you are visiting. Only carry those cloths which you are going to use. Also, remember that you might also buy cloths from your place of visit, so carry cloths only which you need.
3. Carry tooth paste, brush and shaving accessories
4. comb, deodorant, face wash, sunscreen lotion preferably above SPF 25, soap, shampoo, body lotion, for cold places carry cold cream and lip guard
5. Sun glass, cap and scarf
6. Typically sport shoe, trekking shoe if you are going trekking and sports socks. If you are visiting religious places make sure you carry a pair of sandals as it will increase your mobility and peace of mind.
7. If it is a longer duration trip carry nail cutter
8. Take one medi pant or half pant, one vest or t – shirt for sleeping
9. Two t – shirts and two trousers, two handkerchief
10. one towel
11. Camera, camera battery charger, extra battery
12. Mobile phone, phone battery charger
13. A bottle of water
Now that we have set of items, how should we pack then to our advantage!
1. The first thing is to determine what kind of bag will be comfortable and accommodates your stuffs. If you are back packing then just carry a back bag or at least stick to one bag policy of average size. Look for bag which have many chains.
2. Keep things which you need to access often in the front or side pockets. e.g. comb, deodorant
3. Keep your cloths at the bottom of the bag
4. Keep your camera one or two layer below the top as you may feel to take out the camera often. Also, this way it will provide cushion and protect from damage.
5. Carry a chain and lock & key so that you can tie your luggage for safety (specially during sleep).